Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dragonflies

Does God exist?  He does.  I am as sure of this now as I ever have been.  I have a lot to share, but I won't be able to share the whole story right now.  So on September 10th, I was getting ready for Caleb's party.  We had it at a clubhouse about 15 minutes away so there was a lot to put in the car to bring.  I asked Lily to start carrying some things out.  She said that she wouldn't, that there were horseflies out there. I stuck my head out my front door to find a huge swarm of dragonflies right in front of my house. I'd say 20 of them. I walked right out into the middle of them and just stood there. Despite being in a huge rush to get things done for the party, I stood out there probably 20 minutes hoping one of my neighbors would pull in and share it with me. And one of them did, it was amazing!!  I tried to take a video of it, but those things are so darn fast. Anyhow, I live NOWHERE near water. I have never in my life seen more than 1 or 2 at a time. I wondered what this was all about for days. Some said that it meant I would have good luck, but I don't believe in luck. I believe in blessings.

So I logged into my Etsy Account that I haven't used for months on September 16th and I saw these cute little acorns. I loved them immediately. I started looking around the store and immediately realized that I have seen this seller's items before. Just about a week after I found out about Gracelynn's condition, I stumbled upon a blog titled Caring for Carleigh.  I had went there to see her birth plan for when her daugther was born.  A birth plan for a baby that has passed away is a whole lot different than one for a baby that is living.  Her birth plan gave me some great insight and information.  Anyhow, she had just posted about an artist she had purchased from.  They are sculptural pieces to honor and remember Angel Babies.  I PRAYED that I would never have the need for such a thing.  Well that day I stumbled across that etsy shop, I ordered the angel baby holding the dragonfly. I get chill bumps thinking about it now. What an amazing miracle to have found that piece and to hope that those dragonflies really were sent by Gracelynn. I would have never considered that before.  Here is the piece I bought, though mine will be flesh colored.


Like I said, there is more to this story and it is amazing.  I can't wait to share it with you when the time is right.  Thank you!!

Here is her shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMidnightOrange

1 comment:

  1. Please email me! I have a question about your blog! ☺
    Heathervonsj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete